Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day 45- 8 Mile

I hate 8-mile Tuesday mornings. I don't know why....I've been having good runs. It's just the anticipation of it, I suppose. Knowing that I have to get up just a tad bit earlier than "normal" to get my run in before hubby leaves for work. Knowing that 8 miles used to be my "long run" for fun. Despite this dislike, the weather has been delightful for running. We may even luck out and get some good running weather for our 1/2 this weekend.
My right shin continued to bother me all yesterday, so it wasn't a surprise when it bothered me for the first 2-3 miles of the run this morning. The balls of my feet....still hurt! I gave in and soaked my feet/shins in an ice bath bucket this afternoon. I have got to find something to make them feel better! I was hoping that by keeping my socks on, my toes wouldn't freeze up like they normally do. No luck....
I had hoped to get to JoAnn Fabrics or Michael's today to start on the shirts for the kids (for race day). Taking the kids there is an overwhelming process. It wears me out just thinking about it. Perhaps after naps? Gosh, it's only Tuesday and I'm exhausted.

3 comments:

The CilleyGirl said...

You run so fast!! I'm jealous!!

Maybe the problem with the balls of the feet is the socks? I've found that my feet (particularly my freakishly long second toe - thanks mom) don't hurt only when I wear a particular pair of SmartWool socks, ones that have a lot of padding in the bottom, particularly the toes. It's getting to be a superstition that I HAVE to wear that pair of socks (now I have to go find some more pairs!).

Marlene said...

I've been having some shin pain myself. I just strap on the ice packs after every run.

Lindsay said...

i do the "seated shin stretch" (http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cybertherapist/front/lowerleg/shinsplints/stretching.php) when my shins get tender. i also ice, though i'm not very religious about that... need to work on that as icing would also help!