Thursday, September 10, 2009

Day 42 - Miles made up!

So my rainy Monday didn't prove to be the downfall of my whole training schedule after all. I trudged through three days in a row of running! Not a feat for most, but it is for me! I have to say though, my legs were tired and sloooow today. We got in our 5 miles, I iced my right shin and I'm already enjoying the feeling of getting to "sleep in" tomorrow. Oh yeah....if you're a parent of young children there are no "sleep in" days (and I actually have to work tomorrow)! It's a good thought, though! Thanks to LogYourRun, I've been able to keep track of the mileage on my shoes. I had to estimate the miles prior to starting training for the marathon, but I think I have a pretty realistic record. Currently, I have 417 miles on my shoes. That will take me up to 585 miles, by the time I finish the marathon. Yikes! I think the proof is in the pudding though.

Example A:
Photobucket
Now, I never really paid much attention to my shoes when I first got them, but I'm pretty sure they were level to begin with!
Example B:
Photobucket
No wonder the balls of my feet hurt! So with a heavy heart and $135 less in my bank account, I will head over to my trusty running store. Maybe my aches and pains will get some relief (if only hubby saw it that way)!

6 comments:

Jen Feeny said...

Oh girl!!! You should always replace the kicks between 300-500 miles and with wear like that it is no wonder you are in pain!!! You might want to think about tracking your mileage thru mapmyrun.com or a similiar site... they send you a reminder when your shoes are due for replacing.

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Yeppers time for some new kicks.. Sleeping in?? What is that? We have more done by 10am than most people accomplish their entire weekend.

If ONLY running shoes were free.

The CilleyGirl said...

We've been dry all week, thankfully (of course, right after I bought some new rain gear), and tomorrow they're predicting 90 degrees. Glad tomorrow is a rest day!

What kind of shoes have you been running in and what are you going to get? I've been trying to estimate how many miles I've got on mine (New Balance, I think they're 1012s?) and plotting on getting some new ones next month when my mother comes to visit for my birthday. I'm hoping that if I play my cards right I'll get a few other things in addition to shoes on mom's tab!

Marlene said...

Ha, are you sure those aren't my shoes?!

I'm waiting on a new pair as we speak.

Awesome job on the 3-in-a-row!

5 Miles Past Empty said...

That is a lot of miles for your poort shoes! Definitely time for some new kicks! My feet started hurting after my run on Monday, a sure sign it is time. Man, I should get into the running shoe business!

B.o.B. said...

New shoes are worth the money. Not getting injured before a marathon is a major bonus. Try to get the same kind or one very similar. Hope you had a good sleep in today!