Wednesday, July 1, 2009

"Rest"

Why is the assignment of "rest" so hard for me? I have worked out 6 days a week for the past year. Even during my half marathon training. It's become second nature. Obviously I'm going to be running a lot more for the next 16 weeks, so it's really just the weight training I worry about. But is it really so much the loss of muscle tone that I'm worried about or am I just worried I'm going to get lazy and never want to return to working out 6 days a week? Then I worry about how much I eat. I love to eat. Exercising is what keeps me from putting my weight back on. Ugh....I dread that thought. I keep telling myself not to push too hard. My shins are still sore. I'll be running 30-40 miles a week in the next few months. Maybe I can just call this a "trial separation" from exercising 6 days a week? Gosh, is this an illness....

In any case, I iced my shins last night before bed and they feel pretty good today. Tomorrow I'll give my run 100% intensity.

No comments: