Thursday, July 2, 2009

Day 3

Today was another "easy 4 mile" day. It was also another great day to run....58 degrees! We did a shortened Patterson Park loop. I felt pretty good the entire time. I've found that once I get in my mind what distance I'm going...that's it! I don't know if that's good or bad, but there's days that after "5 miles" or whatever distance I've decided to run that day, I'm just DONE. I fear that I'll never be able to complete 26 miles if I'm so done after such a short distance! I really hope it's just mind set thing. I had minimal shin pain while running today. A visit to my local running store (Up and Running) today to get a handheld water bottle led me to a discussion with the owner about inserts for my shoes to help with shin splints. She really advised me to just get new shoes. I'm thinking my current shoes have no more than 150 miles on them. Shoes are expensive. But I would be devastated if an injury kept me from completing the marathon. So, until I scrape up enough money to buy new shoes, I plan on being extra vigilante with stretching/icing/strengthening. She also encouraged me to cross train at least 1-2 days a week. Yesterday's dilema is resolved!

Body~Mind~Soul~ 26.2

No comments: