Friday, July 10, 2009

I must be sick!

I think most runners probably are obsessed. Maybe it's just our nature. However, hubby and I will be celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary in August. He'd like to get away for a 4-day weekend to someplace warm and tropical (sans kids). There's really only one weekend to go, since he's taking classes and all, and that weekend happens to be a 14-miler. Now, my longest distance to date is 13.1 miles. So not only would this be the longest run I've ever done, but it would be in a strange place (we're thinking the Bahamas). Am I completely SICK to cancel a relaxing trip because of my marathon training??!! Well, a lot of things would have to fall into place anyway....including me getting the day off from work. I just don't know.

In other news, I've found a couple new blogs to follow. One in particular (Mission to Another Marathon) is hosting a giveaway....which includes a pair of Recovery Socks (if you notice, they're on my "wish list")! How cool would that be to win?! In any case, I'm just thrilled to have another running blog to follow. The blogging world could very easily take over my real world! Tomorrow we have a 6-miler planned. Should be easy (ha, famous last words). I think I'm going to try and run with my water bottle, since I won't have the dingo. Figure I need to start training with proper hydration! Now if only my GI system cooperates....

2 comments:

Marlene said...

I hear you on the blogging world taking oveer the real world. Sometimes I think my hubby is tired of hearing about what all the other bloggers are up to. Haha!

Thanks for linking me up!

RunToTheFinish said...

don't cancel the trip, seriously...the best thing about vacation is that you get to run in new exciting places and then afterwards you are rewarded with complete relaxation!!