Monday, August 31, 2009

Day 36 - On the Rocks!

Brrr...can you feel that? So I wasn't exactly "frozen" this morning....but at 45 degrees I was definitely chilled "on the rocks"! And I gotta say.... I love it! I could see my breath as I was running and there was a definite chill in the air. I felt fantastic this morning. The dingo and I pulled out 5 miles no problem. Felt great. The pain in my quads is essentially gone. My right, outer calf felt pretty tight, but it loosened up as the run went on. I was able to stay under my goal of 9:50/mile, with the exception of the first mile. I know I'm still snail-paced....but that only means room for improvement, right?! I even felt pretty good yesterday. A sign of progress, I hope! Tomorrow we'll do 8 miles. I kind of like that for the next 5 weeks, the week day mileage stays the same. 5 - 8 - 5 + the weekend long run. I can't believe M-day is 6 weeks away. I hope I can keep feeling good!

3 comments:

Marlene said...

Isn't it funny how all the runners are loving the early fall temps, while everyone else complains? :)

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

6 weeks away!! Yippee.. FYI before my Marathon I followed the TAPER on the schedule and felt nearly out of shape for my race. Keep in mind that if your body feels good you can run further..

B.o.B. said...

Lady you are in no way a snail pace. You are doing great. Keep it up!