Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Day 30 - Humidity + Hills = Irritation

The title of my post pretty much sums up yesterday's run. Well, not completely. When I wasn't running hills, I was annoyed with my bra. The dingo decided to take 2 poo breaks (thank goodness I stocked up on doggie poo bags at the park) and my pace overall was lousy. BUT, at least it's done....and I didn't have any unusual aches/pains on the run. Oh yeah, and I did see the family of 3 deer grazing at a different spot than normal. Guess they were taking in some history, as they were right across the street from the Wright Brother's home on Hawthorne Hill.

Yesterday was our 8th wedding anniversary, but since we've been dating since high school, it's really more like 16! It was a busy day - bank, shopping (2 different stores), haircut for Caroline, lunch and then to the running store. With 2 kids in tow, that makes for an exhausting day. I did find a pair of Under Armour compression shorts (the Moving Comfort ones were too small....grr) and a new running bra.
Thank goodness my sweet hubby didn't expect me to cook dinner! We celebrated in grand fashion, by going to our favorite Chinese buffet. Yes, dietitians eat at buffets, but I'm sure they make good money off of us! The kids always enjoy getting to pick what they want to eat (none of which was Chinese) and then the ice cream at the end is a big treat. Hubby informed me mid-way through my chocolate ice cream that I might not want to finish it because he had a surprise "treat" for us at home. Little did I know he had quite a few treats at home! We put the kids to bed early (for us... it was 9:15pm) poured 2 glasses of wine and out came the parade of gifts. 2 "girly" movies, a new pair of running shorts, shirt, and casual t-shirt, and a box from Victoria Secret (the contents of that box to be unannounced). All topped off with my favorite.....a piece of cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory. And hubby was so cute saying "see, you can wear this now....You're a runner!" or "only runners wear this stuff!" He's so proud of me. I was completely dumbfounded. I thought my new Garmin was my present. Lord knows I spent more money on that than a normal anniversary present! To make it worse, I had only gotten him a couples massage. I thought our weekend away was the true present to one another. I figured the Garmin and massage would be the icing on the cake. Oh well....it's fun to be spoiled and he does have a birthday coming up on Sunday. Guess the kids and I will be doing more shopping tomorrow! We were up way too late last night, but it was good to reconnect and talk about our lives. I'm exhausted today (the 5:15 am cross-training session didn't help) but am looking forward to this weekend. 2 nights of uninterrupted sleep. I can't remember the last time I slept for 2 nights in a row without getting up to rock someone back to sleep, re-apply a bandaid, turn on the light in the bathroom, chase away a monster or receive a hug from my 4 year old. I've definitely learned that getting adequate sleep isn't what it's cracked up to be (you NEVER could have told me this 4 years ago....), but it sure will be nice!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So happy for you! Sounds like a fun evening!