Friday, August 14, 2009

Day 27 - Lost

I haven't completely lost my mind....but I did lose my cell phone on my run yesterday. Grrr.... I'm really not sure how it happened without me noticing....but whatever. I'm blaming it on the dingo! It was in his little carrying pouch on his harness and the zipper must have worked it's way open. I may be writing a letter to the company! But this isn't entirely bad. My cell phone was on it's last leg and it was time for me to renew my contract. I just didn't want to shell out $139 (of which I will get $50 back in rebate) yesterday. Once again...whatever. We don't have a land line at our house and I needed a phone ASAP. And yes, I did go back on my route....twice, but could not find the darn thing.
So as for the run....it was lovely running weather. Much cooler, still a tad humid, but nowhere near the 100% humidity from Tuesday. I used my Garmin for the first time - so fun! I'm having problems with the USB thingy, so I can't sync my data yet. I'm so technology challenged! I ran a new route (gasp!) but in the same general vicinity of my usual Thursday route. I could feel my left shin splint pain resurfacing, but the discomfort was very mild. I iced it last night using my new Contour Pak and it feels better today. I need to ice it again today, before my long run tomorrow. Speaking of long run tomorrow. We're up to 12 miles. I have a sense of optimism about this run. I'm looking forward to it! I plan on continuing to figure out my GI issues and nutriton strategies. I may even try to take a GU before I start running (another gasp!). What I'm not looking forward to is my 5:15 am wake up call. The things I do to run with my favorite running partner!

3 comments:

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

YIPPEE for Garmin...the best part to me is that you can try new routes and know the mileage...I hope you figure out the USB...maybe there is a help line.

BEst of luck with the 12 miler and early wake up call.. All in prep for race day right... I used ALL of my long runs to test out nutrition methods, I hope you find the right balance.

FYI Giveaway on the Blog today..

Unknown said...

Your running partner sounds like a pain to deal with :)

5 Miles Past Empty said...

Good luck with your 12 miles! By the time youread this you will probably be back from your run!!!

I have issues with my Garmin 405 USB thingy too. I never was able to get it to be recognized by my laptop. I have to use my husbands desktop. Quite annoying BUT the actual Garmin is SO worth it!

P.S. Make sure to lock your bezel or it will shut off on you during your runs! I learned that the annoying way, 4 miles into my first officail half marathon!

Amanda