Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Day 33 - Clarity and Self-Loathing

It's amazing what a good night's sleep, 600 mg ibuprofen and perfect running weather can do. I think I got 8 hours of sleep last night and woke up to mid-50's temperature with low humidity. My quads also felt pretty good. The dingo and I set out for 7 miles this morning. I decided to get really crazy and 1)not map out my route beforehand and 2) not run in our usual Tuesday neighborhood. It was nice for a change of scenery, but I found myself looking at G way too often to figure out how far I'd gone. We ended up going 7.3 miles and the dingo kept up great. His longest distance with me is 10 miles, so he should be fine for the remainder of our week-day training runs. He stays at home for our long-runs! I wore my new UA compression shorts for the second time (first time was on the last LR). I love them! They fit perfectly and are so comfy. Bye-bye chaffing! I'm beginning to wonder if my new Balega socks are contributing to the pain in the balls of my feet and now I have a few blisters. I've never gotten blisters before. I may switch back to my Smartwool for runs over 6 miles. It could just very well be the increased mileage!! Another downer is the fact that somehow I've managed to gain 10 pounds in the past 3 months. I can't even explain how sad this makes me....like maybe I really am just destined to be fat the rest of my life. I'm working my butt off, and while I don't eat great 100% of the time, I don't eat horribly either. It's just really frustrating. So I'm back to counting WW points. Unlike the last time I used WW though, I WILL be eating my exercise points! Even if I could lose 5 pounds before the marathon, I'll be happy. I just can't be this tub-o-lard pounding down the street! And with that self-loathing, it's time to shower and get on with my day!

3 comments:

Marlene said...

Ohmigosh, I could have written so much of thast myself. I have also gained almost 10 lbs in the last few months and feel like a fat-a$$ running along, blubber bouncing and all that! Ugh. It's amazing that we can run so much and still gain weight! (meanwhile my husband eats like a horse and can't keep weight on! *grumble*)

I'm also on WW although I have not been tracking. If you do, so will I! We can do it!

(Awesome to hear that you had a great run! What a way to start the day.)

Ron said...

nice job! seems like your running is coming along! Nothing "exciting" to report is a good thing! Keep it up!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

8 hours of sleep, what is that like?? So glad you have found the magic of SPANDEX!! Will save your life on anything longer than 7 miles.

I have never had issue with Balega, but maybe the socks are a little too big??

No idea what to tell you about the weight thing, I would be SAD too. Hang in there!!