1. The wind - I started out doing about 3 miles directly into the wind. I felt like I was moving in slow motion. Was it even windy today? I don't know....but it sure felt like it!
2. The 4:00am wake up call - Thanks to a 4 year old who had a "bad dream" and was found to be feverish.
3. Returning neuroma pain - No advil and no stops/walk breaks will always bring this pain back.
4. Post-Marathon fatigue - So this is what that feels like. Yes, this was a bit of a stretch.
5. Friday's 30 Day Shred workout....Yes I'm a wimp. Although my legs were fine, I could feel my shoulders/back tightening up the further I ran.
6. Maybe I'm coming down with something (see #2). Is it H1N1's turn at our house?
7. Too hot - Once I turned away from the wind, I found I was too hot and thirsty.
8. Knee pain??? What's this all about? It's been bothering me since my first post-marathon run. Icing it made me it feel like I was 80 years old (well, I can imagine). Great...
Despite the internal struggle in my head....I ended up doing 8.3 miles and felt like I had done about 18. Ugh... Thank goodness for a rest day tomorrow!
Something else I've been wondering about....if you buy the official "race day photos", what do you do with them? There's a couple good shots of me and my sister on the marathon course, but I can't figure out what I'd do with them. I don't have an office at home and I share my office at work with at least 1-3 other people. Although my family is very proud of me, I don't think they want to see my face in the dining room, family room or kitchen. As stated earlier this week....I don't particularly care for myself in photos (especially spandex shorts with an ugly belt up to my boobs)...I wouldn't want to wake up or go to bed looking at a photo of myself! Perhaps they should just go in a scrap book. Guess I need to get to work on that! I haven't printed out photos in 2 years. That's a whole other issue! In any case, here's a few of the pics the photographers on the course took.